Featured

China Banks Skate Spot

Featured
@tonyowendesign

This {place} has been a {famous} skate spot for the {final} 20+ years. Its a {fairly} steep transition but a lot of {fun}. There has been a lot of blood shed at this skateboard spot. The bricks are narley and unforgiving and you have to {always} {constantly} watch out for {these} damn benches. The funny {thing} is the benches have skate stoppers on them but that is not what you go skate at China Banks.

{Right here} is a an exerpt from Crashin In Skate: “Has {anybody} watched the sk8 video Powell &amp Perelta “The Search For Animal Chin”. In that sk8 {movie} they skate a legendary spot {called} the Chinatown Banks in San Francisco. {Nicely} {because} it was my {first} time {visiting} SF, I was hoping I would see some cool skaters and some legendary spots (Embarcado and The Chinatown Banks). I walked {about} for hours and couldn’t {discover} the Chinatown Banks {anyplace}. Then I got tired and headed up to my hotel {room}. {Whilst} I was bored waiting for the elevator I looked out the window. Low and behold what do I see. {Right} {before} my eyes, the legendary banks are {really} {part} of my hotel. They are on a bridge that joins a park with the hotel. I was so excited that I ran up to get my camera and took some {pictures} of the banks. {Unfortunately} I didn’t bring my board on this trip or didn’t see any skaters. But at least I got to hang with a bum at the banks and {assist} him open his bottle of Chinese wine. He claimed that his hand was broken from the war so he {required} {assist}. Anyhow, I soon learned that California is {truly} the {very best} {place} in the {globe} for skate spots, hands down. Be on the lookout for a {evaluation} of a bunch of a new sk8 dvds coming out soon. “

Ahh {appear} at how steep {these} transitions are! You have to hit them {fairly} {difficult} and {fast} and if you {happen} to go {over} the edge its {quite} a drop!

Man it {requires} all {kinds}. Our {small} hero {here} is going for a high speed carve on a {ten} Speed Bike!. Gotta give him props for that.

Technorati Profile

View Comments (8)

8 Comments

1. Eddie

September 27, 2008 at 9:53 am

Sweet, unless your really not that good at falling on bricks!!!
    look at how steep those transitions are!

2. Danny Whitehead

December 6, 2008 at 2:41 pm

that bike is a fixie singlespeed they do mad trick on them similar to what people do on bmx its amazin

3. Se7in

December 11, 2008 at 1:25 am

That’s not a ten speed…

No Brakes.

4. Skateboard Trick

May 14, 2009 at 1:56 pm

China…oh China. I love China. Many of brilliant and innovative idea there recently.

5. Jon

June 2, 2009 at 11:29 am

God that looks smooth and lush to skate. If you want sketchy spots, come to the UK, whenever it isnt raining :( I DID manage to visit SF through, the mecca of skateboarding…was empty, no skaters, with no skaters I could not find anyone willing to take me to spots :( oh well. Visit London!

6. Dizzle

October 19, 2009 at 8:45 pm

Nobody will show you around because you’re from out of town. SF is pretty localized. If you don’t live here, or skate really, really well, go home… another way to think of it is… if you have to ask, you’ll never know.

7. Federal

January 24, 2010 at 11:49 am

Hey I clicked on your webpage by luck on msn while trying to find something completely different but I am really happy that I did, You have just got yourself another subscriber. :)

8. Pingback: Bits and Bobs: Weekend News Round-Up